- Usage Policies
- How we update our Usage Policies
- Usage Caps
- Traffic Management Policy
- Excessive use during peak time
- Traffic management of our Network
- Acceptable Usage Policy
- Web Filtering
- Don't use the Internet illegally!
- Do not violate anyone's systems or networks security
- World Wide Web and surfing the net
Any terms in capitals not defined in these Usage Policies will have the same meaning as in your Contract. These Usage Policies apply to you and anybody you allow to use Glide Residential Services. Any reference to "you" shall be interpreted to mean you and anybody you allow to use Glide Residential Services. You are responsible for the use of Glide Residential Services by any person you allow to use it.
How we update our Usage Policies
The way our customers use Glide Residential Services is changing all the time so we may need to change our Usage Policies to adapt to our customer's needs. Our latest Usage Policies will always be posted on our website so please keep checking for updates.
If you subscribe to a Product that has a cap on the amount of data that you download or upload via your Glide Residential internet access each month ("Usage Cap"), your usage should not reasonably exceed the Usage Cap each month. Where you do exceed the Usage Cap your service will be subject to further traffic controls which will affect the speed of the package until the start of the next contracted month or the start of the purchase of an "Overload" package.
"Overload" usage is not carried over from month to month, so if your increased allocation is not used within that month, it will not be carried to the next.
The first time you go over your Usage Cap we will send you an email alert to your preferred email address you have given us for this purpose (or alternatively your primary broadband email address if you have not given us an alternative). This alert will let you know what will happen if you go over your Usage Cap again.
We do provide the ability to exceed your packaged Usage Cap with a product called "Overload". This allows you to purchase incremental increases for your Usage Cap.
In any month, when we see you are approaching your Usage Cap, we will send you an email to let you know that you have reached 80% of your Usage Cap. You can also opt to use the "Overload" service to increase this. You can also monitor your usage online on our website.
To ensure you get your email alerts you should make sure we have an email address that is up-to-date and that you check for emails regularly. If we receive a failed delivery notice after sending an alert we will not send your alert by post.
Traffic Management Policy
In addition to the monthly Usage Cap, this Traffic Management Policy applies to the Internet Service.
Excessive use during peak time
We will monitor your Internet usage during peak times from 4pm to 2am each day. This is when the majority of customers use the network and when speeds could be affected by the excessive usage of a minority. If we consider that your usage is excessive during peak times we may slow down your connection for the rest of the day so that it has less affect on others. Only a very small number of customers will be affected by this (less than 2%). If you are affected, we will only slow down the speed you can get during peak times for applications which use a lot of bandwidth (for example, streaming, peer-to-peer and newsgroups) and which have a negative effect on other customers. You will still be able to use the Internet to do other things normally such as browsing, email, instant messaging and VOIP. There are no restrictions in place outside of peak times.
Traffic management of our Network
To ensure we provide a sustainable quality broadband service to our customers, we continuously monitor and efficiently manage the LivingCom Network as a whole. To do this, during peak times (from 4pm to 2am each day), we may slow down the speed that all Internet customers can get on certain applications which we consider use up a lot of bandwidth (for example peer-to-peer and newsgroups) and which have a negative effect on other customers There are no restrictions in place for applications such as browsing, email, streaming, instant messaging and VOIP during peak times. We do not put restrictions on our network outside of peak times.
Acceptable Usage Policy
Irrespective of which Product you have subscribed to, our Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") will apply to you and those who you allow to use Glide Residential Internet.
Glide Residential upon instruction from your accommodation provider, and in line with their policies and responsibilities may filter access to certain websites through its web filtering service. If this service is activated a screen message will be displayed when attempting to visit a website address restricted and/or blocked by your accommodation provider.
Don't use the Internet illegally!
You may not use Glide Residential Internet or the Glide Residential Network to send, receive, store, distribute, transmit, post, upload or download any materials or data which:
- violates any Law;
- is defamatory, offensive, abusive, indecent, obscene, or constitutes harassment;
- is or may be harmful to minors;
- promotes or encourages illegal or socially unacceptable or irresponsible behaviour;
- is in breach of any third party rights (including any third party intellectual property rights);
- has any fraudulent purpose or effect or involves you impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting yourself as the source of any communication; or
- damages or may damage our name and/or reputation or the name and/or reputation of our sub-contractors or agents. We do not filter other content which you may find distasteful, such as "adult" material. On this basis, we recommend that you consider installing additional software on your computer to prevent access to inappropriate websites or content on the internet.
Do not violate anyone's systems or network security
You must not use Glide Residential Internet to violate Glide Residential Network's security or any third party's system or network security by any method including:
- unauthorised access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network;
- unauthorised monitoring of data or traffic on any network or system without the express authorisation of the owner of the system or network; or
- unauthorised interference with any user, host, system or network without the express authorisation of the owner of the system or network.
You must not send, receive, store, distribute, transmit, post, upload or download any materials that are designed to violate Glide Residential Network's security or any third party's system or network security. Examples of such prohibited material may include (but are not limited to):
- programs containing viruses, worms, corrupted files, hoaxes, Trojan horses or any other items of a destructive or deceptive nature;
- tools designed to compromise the security of other sites;
- programs or services designed to send or facilitate the sending of unsolicited advertisements; or
- programs or services designed to encourage or facilitate a breach of this AUP or any acceptable use policy of another internet services provider.
You must not connect the Glide Residential Network to insecure machines or services able to be exploited by others to carry out actions which constitute a breach of this AUP.
You must not adapt, modify, decompile or reverse engineer any part of Glide Residential Services.
You are responsible for all materials and/or data originating from the machines and/or networks that you have connected to the Glide Residential Network. You must immediately disconnect (and subsequently secure prior to reconnection) machines generating materials and/or data which contravene this AUP once notified of such activity by Glide Residential.
You must not send Messages to anyone who does not wish to receive them. We acknowledge that email and instant messaging are informal methods of communication however you must refrain from sending Messages to another user after receiving a request to stop.
You must not send unsolicited bulk Messages or any other form of abusive electronic communication. In particular, unsolicited advertising mailings (whether commercial or informational) are strictly prohibited.
You must not operate, host, provide hosting facilities to or assist in any way any web site, email address, or any other online service which is advertised or promoted by means of unsolicited bulk Messages (whether commercial or informational), any mass messaging facility or any other form of abusive electronic communication.
You must not send, distribute, or reply to mail-bombs. Mail-bombing is either sending copies of a single message to many users, or sending large or multiple files or messages to a single user with the intention of disrupting their internet experience.
You must not use false Message headers or alter the headers of Messages to conceal their email address or to prevent internet users from responding to messages. You must not use any email address that you are not authorised to use.
You must not suggest or imply that any Message you send is from, authorised or endorsed by, Glide Residential or relates to Glide Residential.
We may scan your incoming Messages for viruses and remove any Messages from the Glide Residential Network which contain viruses. You are advised to install appropriate anti-virus software on your computer.
We may scan your incoming Messages for spam and delete any suspected spam.
World Wide Web and surfing the net
You will be solely responsible for your use of the internet and any web pages owned and/or operated by you that you connect to the Glide Residential Network using Glide Residential Internet. You must not use world wide web pages within or outside the Glide Residential Network to violate any part of this AUP or to disrupt or attempt to disrupt another internet user's internet experience.
How do you make a complaint?
If you wish to notify us of a breach of this AUP, or if you wish to make a complaint regarding content, data or material that has been stored and/or accessed via the Glide Residential Network or Glide Residential Internet, please email us.
The actions we can take:
- Firstly, you should be aware that we will block any electronic communication that we reasonably consider to have breached this AUP.
- Secondly, if you have breached this AUP, or we or a third party, reasonably suspect that you may have breached this AUP we will notify you by email (provided that this notification does not prejudice any investigation) and we may also:
- Immediately suspend your access to Glide Residential Internet until such time as we are satisfied the breach has stopped;
- Immediately end your Contract;
- Notify and/or pass on the details of the breach of the AUP to any relevant government, statutory, self-regulatory or law enforcement authority;
- Investigate the alleged breach of the AUP, which may include gathering information from you and/or the complaining party (if any) and the examination of any other data or material on the Glide Residential Network or our servers;
- Remove (either temporarily or permanently), copy, store, monitor or otherwise deal with data and/or other material on the Glide Residential Network and/or our servers; or
- Suspend some or all of your Email Tools.
- Glide Residential will use your personal data and other account information in connection with any investigation carried out by Glide Residential in accordance with this AUP, including by disclosing it to any third party authority that Glide Residential considers has a legitimate interest in any such investigation or its outcome.